1) "Personal data" means any information relating to the data subject.
2) "Sensitive data" means data concerning racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, social welfare and sexual life, matters on criminal charges or convictions, as well as participation in associations related to the above.
3) "Data Subject" is the natural person to whom the data refer, and whose identity is known or can be ascertained, meaning it can be determined directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural, political or social status.
4) "Personal data processing" ( "processing") means any operation or set of operations which is performed by the State or by a public or private legal entity or association or individual with or without the help of automated processes and applied to personal data, such as the collection, recording, organization, preservation or storage, modification, retrieval, consultation, use, transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, interrelation or combination, interconnection, pledge (locking), erasure or destruction.
5) "Personal Data File" ("file") is any structured set of personal data which is accessible according to specific criteria.
6) "Data Controller" is any person who determines the purposes and means of processing personal data, such as a natural or legal person, public authority or agency or any other organization. When the purpose and means of processing are determined by legal provisions or regulatory provisions of national or community law, the data controller or the specific criteria for his selection are respectively determined by national or community law.
7) "Third Party" means any natural or legal person, public authority or service, or any other organization, other than the data subject, the controller and the persons authorized to process personal data, if they are acting under the direct supervision or on behalf of the controller.
8) "Consent" of the data subject is very free, express and specific declaration of intent, which is expressed clearly, and with full awareness, and by which the data subject, having been previously informed, accepts the processing of personal data relating to him. This information includes the informing at least for the purpose of the processing, the data or categories of data relating to the processing, the recipients or categories of personal data recipients, as well as the name, the surname and the address of the controller and of any representative thereof. The consent may be withdrawn at any time without any retroactive effect.
9) "Authority" is the Authority for Personal Data Protection as set out in Chapter D of N. 2472/1997, based on 1-3 Kifissias Str., PC 115 23 and is legally represented.
Collection and processing of personal data
Contact forms are published on the website through which the "personal data" of the users (Article 2 par. a N. 2472/1997) shall vest in the registrant (Athanasios I. Rozou, lawyer, member of the Bar Association of Thessaloniki - Greece, with registration number 8229, in Thessaloniki - Greece, 16 Olympiou Diamanti street, PC 54625, tel. 2310280874, mobile: 6997083222) as "data controller" (Article 2 par. f N. 2472/1997, GG 50 / 10.04.1997) with their "consent" (Article 2 par. k N. 2472/1997). However, this data is not "sensitive" (Article 2 par. b N. 2472/1997), if not related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, social assistance and sexual life, criminal charges or convictions, including participation in associations related to the above.
The "processing of personal data" (Article 2 par. d N. 2472/1997) of the "data subjects" (Article 2 par. c N. 2472/1997) is done by the registrant as "data controller" (Article 2 par. f N. 2472/1997) of such data.
The aforementioned personal data are not transferred or communicated to third parties (Article 7A par. e § 1). The processing of the data is confidential (Article 10 § 1 N. 2472/1997) and relates to the provision of legal services to potential customers of the data controller (Article 7A par. § 1 N. 2472/1997). The "data subject" may have access to data collected through the website forms, on request, which can be submitted via the website contact form (Article 11 § 1 N. 2472/1997). He also has the right to raise any objections to the processing of data concerning him. The objections are addressed in writing to the data controller and shall contain a request for specific action, such as correction, temporary non-use, pledge, non-transfer or deletion (Article 13 N. 2472/1997).
The registrant as "data controller" of personal data is exempt from the requirement of a written notification to the Authority for the Protection of Personal Data, hereinafter referred to as "the Authority", from the establishment and operation of the file and the commence of the processing of Article 6 of that Law and of the obligation to take authorization under Article 7 of that Law (Article 7A par. e § 1 N. 2472/1997).
Publication of court decisions
Court decisions are published on the website following the anonymization of data, from which it is possible to obtain the identity of individuals, parties, witnesses, etc., except in some cases of the data of the members of the Court's composition and the lawyers acting for the parties. As to these latter categories of persons, their public role shall prevail during the trial and also the reference of the full name is not associated with further information, as in the case of parties to the proceedings or other involved parties. The reporting of the protocol number of documents of the Administration, which are mentioned in the judicial decision or act, does not fall under the scope of the anonymization obligation, if the data of the natural person do not directly arise solely by the reference of document, to which it refers. Besides, any request for access to the said document to the Administration will be judged based on the provisions of N. 2690/1999 and the provisions of N. 2472/1997.
The right to information as to the case-law of the Greek courts and the public nature of court decisions, as established in Article 93 par. 2 and Article 6 of the ECHR, is not affected and is fully satisfied with the anonymised publication, if under the light of the aforementioned provisions the specific person, who exercises the judicial remedy or means, is not the subject of interest, but the substance of the court decision, and any publication of data that identify individuals may unduly affect their rights in view of the special characteristics of the internet (see Opinion of the Authority no. 2/2006 with protocol number 5292 / 03.08.2006).
Some of the data contained in the above decisions may be sensitive. However, due to the anonymization of the data, from which the identity of natural persons, parties to the proceedings, witnesses, etc. can be ascertained during processing of the data, under a proper interpretation of the Opinion of the Authority no. 2/2006 it is deemed that no authorization is required under Article 7 of N. 2472/97 for the publication of such decisions on the website.
Despite the deletion of the above data, from which the identity of the natural or legal persons can arise, which concern court decisions, if one of them considers to be affected by the processing of data, may request from the data controller to remove any court decision that concerns such person, through the website contact form.
Modification of terms
The data controller is entitled to modify these terms without prior formal notice or information of the data subjects.
Acceptance of terms
Any dispute arising between the present website and a visitor from the processing of personal data falls under the jurisdiction of the Courts of Thessaloniki - Greece.